More From Stephen Ambrose
- "Winning the Revolutionary War, or the Civil War, or World War II were the turning points in our history, the sine qua non of our forward progress."
- "Neither Johnson nor his party nor the government as a whole were willing to raise, train, equip, and then send Vietnam sufficient manpower to do the job."
- "The war in Vietnam I thought a dreadful mistake."
More In History
- "If a race has no history, if it has no worthwhile tradition, it becomes a negligible factor in the thought of the world, and it stands in danger of being exterminated."― Carter G. Woodson
- "In all honesty, at that time, I never saw myself as an author… I was just a Mom in a state of panic, trying to enter a short story contest to win the prize money in order to keep the lights on in my home."― Leslie Banks
- "Part of the problem is voters know relatively little about Romney. And some of what they know about him complicates his task: Romney has a history of flip-flopping on issues, he’s extraordinarily wealthy, and he can be tone-deaf about what moves voters. He just doesn’t seem comfortable in his skin."― Ron Fournier