More From Socrates
- "I decided that it was not wisdom that enabled poets to write their poetry, but a kind of instinct or inspiration, such as you find in seers and prophets who deliver all their sublime messages without knowing in the least what they mean."
- "The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be."
- "True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us."
More In Death
- "I will admit, like Socrates and Aristotle and Plato and some other philosophers, that there are instances where the death penalty would seem appropriate."― Jack Kevorkian
- "Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth."― Ernest Hemingway
- "Computers and the Internet have made it really easy to rant. It’s made everyone overly opinionated."― Scott Weiland