More From Simone Weil
- "A self-respecting nation is ready for anything, including war, except for a renunciation of its option to make war."
- "Equality is the public recognition, effectively expressed in institutions and manners, of the principle that an equal degree of attention is due to the needs of all human beings."
- "In the intellectual order, the virtue of humility is nothing more nor less than the power of attention."
More In Power
- "Certain things happened in the early church. Women who had never had any freedom suddenly have the ability to stand up and speak and be treated as equals within the life of the church."― Tony Campolo
- "The good man is he who rules himself as he does his own property: his autonomous being is modelled on material power."― Theodor Adorno
- "The thing you fear most has no power. Your fear of it is what has the power. Facing the truth really will set you free."― Oprah Winfrey