More From Simone Weil
- "Most works of art, like most wines, ought to be consumed in the district of their fabrication."
- "The role of the intelligence – that part of us which affirms and denies and formulates opinions is merely to submit."
- "The only way into truth is through one’s own annihilation; through dwelling a long time in a state of extreme and total humiliation."
More In Power
- "The older I get, the greater power I seem to have to help the world; I am like a snowball – the further I am rolled the more I gain."― Susan B. Anthony
- "Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent."― Jonathan Swift
- "I definitely believe in a God and in a higher power, and I definitely take from many different religious cultures. I go to church."― Jane Seymour