More From Simone Weil
- "Most works of art, like most wines, ought to be consumed in the district of their fabrication."
- "The mysteries of faith are degraded if they are made into an object of affirmation and negation, when in reality they should be an object of contemplation."
- "The role of the intelligence – that part of us which affirms and denies and formulates opinions is merely to submit."
More In Power
- "Properly, we should read for power. Man reading should be man intensely alive. The book should be a ball of light in one’s hand."― Ezra Pound
- "Goodness, armed with power, is corrupted; and pure love without power is destroyed."― Reinhold Niebuhr
- "The value of the majority lies not in the opportunity to wield great power, but in the chance to use power to do great things."― John Boehner