More From Simone Weil
- "In the intellectual order, the virtue of humility is nothing more nor less than the power of attention."
- "The role of the intelligence – that part of us which affirms and denies and formulates opinions is merely to submit."
- "To write the lives of the great in separating them from their works necessarily ends by above all stressing their pettiness, because it is in their work that they have put the best of themselves."
More In Power
- "There are movements which impinge upon the nerves with a strength that is incomparable, for movement has power to stir the senses and emotions, unique in itself."― Doris Humphrey
- "Tonight, we gather to affirm the greatness of our nation – not because of the height of our skyscrapers, or the power of our military, or the size of our economy. Our pride is based on a very simple premise, summed up in a declaration made over two hundred years ago."― Barack Obama
- "We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."― Carl Sagan