More From Simone Weil
- "Two prisoners whose cells adjoin communicate with each other by knocking on the wall. The wall is the thing which separates them but is also their means of communication. It is the same with us and God. Every separation is a link."
- "What a country calls its vital… interests are not things that help its people live, but things that help it make war."
- "The only hope of socialism resides in those who have already brought about in themselves, as far as is possible in the society of today, that union between manual and intellectual labor which characterizes the society we are aiming at."
More In Power
- "Knowledge is the most democratic source of power."― Alvin Toffler
- "Nobody is going to delegate a lot of power to a secretary that they can’t control."― Michael Bloomberg
- "Almost all first ladies have had tremendous power on personnel issues, whether the public realized it or not, whether it was Barbara Bush or Nancy Reagan or whoever."― Dee Dee Myers