More From Simon Raven
- "Art for art’s sake, money for God’s sake."
- "And so, at the age of thirty, I had successively disgraced myself with three fine institutions, each of which had made me free of its full and rich resources, had trained me with skill and patience, and had shown me nothing but forbearance and charity when I failed in trust."
More In Attitude
- "The attitude of insolent haughtiness is characteristic of the relationships Americans form with what is alien to them, with others."― Jose Saramago
- "The remarkable thing is, we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day."― Charles R. Swindoll
- "The unions say ‘last hired – first fired,’, we say hire and fire based on merit. We want the best and brightest in the classroom."― Scott Walker