More From Sidney Poitier
- "I come from a great family. I’ve seen family life and I know how wonderful, how nurturing, and how wonderful it can be."
- "So I had to be careful. I recognized the responsibility that, whether I liked it or not, I had to accept whatever the obligation was. That was to behave in a manner, to carry myself in such a professional way, as if there ever is a reflection, it’s a positive one."
- "So I’m OK with myself, with history, my work, who I am and who I was."
More In Legal
- "But you can count the dead bodies from alcohol, tobacco, and legal pharmaceuticals by the millions."― Jack Herer
- "The Florida Supreme Court wanted all the legal votes to be counted. The United States Supreme Court, on the other hand, did not want all the votes to be counted."― Vincent Bugliosi
- "When the Senate ceases to engage nominees in meaningful discussion of legal issues, the confirmation process takes on an air of vacuity and farce, and the Senate becomes incapable of either properly evaluating nominees or appropriately educating the public."― Elena Kagan