More From Sidney Poitier
- "So I had to be careful. I recognized the responsibility that, whether I liked it or not, I had to accept whatever the obligation was. That was to behave in a manner, to carry myself in such a professional way, as if there ever is a reflection, it’s a positive one."
- "But my dad also was a remarkable man, a good person, a principled individual, a man of integrity."
- "I had to satisfy the action fans, the romantic fans, the intellectual fans. It was a terrific burden."
More In Legal
- "What we bring to the table is not only our 56 field offices in the United States and our number of resident agencies, but also we have 45 legal attaches overseas."― Robert Mueller
- "Legal abortion will never rest easy on this nation’s conscience."― Robert Casey
- "The legal right of a taxpayer to decrease the amount of what otherwise would be his taxes, or altogether avoid them, by means which the law permits, cannot be doubted."― George Sutherland