More From Sherwood Boehlert
- "Well, for starters, we have to do more to create demand for new technologies that can reduce our dependence on foreign oil and environmental degradation."
- "The U.S. uses most of its oil for transportation. We can limit U.S. demand for oil by requiring automakers to use the technology that already exists to improve fuel economy – technology that the automakers refuse to bring into the market despite societal demand."
- "Having yet another vote on refinery legislation that uses high oil prices as an excuse to weaken environmental protections and to give more legislative gifts to the oil industry is misguided in the extreme."
More In Environmental
- "And secondly, I would impose a significant state landfill tipping fee and use that tipping fee to fund the billion dollar bond issue that I want to create to produce the funds for all of the environmental challenges that we just went over."― Ed Rendell
- "If you don’t trust someone to look after your investments, then they shouldn’t be doing the job for you."― Murray Walker
- "I think we have grave problems. I am very much concerned about environmental questions, even though in Finnish society, we are not facing the most urgent problems."― Harri Holkeri