More From Sherman Alexie
- "My wife was the first romantic partner who understood both American and native parts of me – not so much the positive stuff, but the damage."
- "When you read a piece of writing that you admire, send a note of thanks to the author."
- "My father was always depressed. When he was home and sober, he was mostly in his room."
More In Anger
- "Every child senses, with all the horse sense that’s in him, that any parent is angry inside when children misbehave and they dread more the anger that is rarely or never expressed openly, wondering how awful it might be."― Benjamin Spock
- "Indulge not thyself in the passion of anger; it is whetting a sword to wound thine own breast, or murder thy friend."― Akhenaton
- "I did not think that I was angry, but clearly anger was reflected in my writing. I did not think that I had been affected emotionally, but it was clear from my writing that I was still very emotional about the trial some six months after it ended."― Christopher Darden