More From Seamus Heaney
- "A public expectation, it has to be said, not of poetry as such but of political positions variously approvable by mutually disapproving groups."
- "At home in Ireland, there’s a habit of avoidance, an ironical attitude towards the authority figure."
- "In fact, in lyric poetry, truthfulness becomes recognizable as a ring of truth within the medium itself."
More In Experience
- "As a medical doctor, it is my duty to evaluate the situation with as much data as I can gather and as much expertise as I have and as much experience as I have to determine whether or not the wish of the patient is medically justified."― Jack Kevorkian
- "The length of your education is less important than its breadth, and the length of your life is less important than its depth."― Marilyn vos Savant
- "Things happen to everybody in the course of a lifetime. Relationships end, people die, tragedy befalls everyone. So everyone has this wealth of experience, and the older you are the more you have to draw on."― Eric Stoltz