More From Seamus Heaney
- "The completely solitary self: that’s where poetry comes from, and it gets isolated by crisis, and those crises are often very intimate also."
- "Whether it be a matter of personal relations within a marriage or political initiatives within a peace process, there is no sure-fire do-it-yourself kit."
- "At home in Ireland, there’s a habit of avoidance, an ironical attitude towards the authority figure."
More In Experience
- "I had a lot of experience with people smarter than I am."― Gerald R. Ford
- "I want people to think of me as a nice person. I really am so blessed. All of this has been a great experience and I thank the American public so much for putting me in this position. I appreciate every second of it."― Carrie Underwood
- "Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It’s either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it’s Colin."― Tim Vine