More From Sargent Shriver
- "The only genuine elite is the elite of those men and women who gave their lives to justice and charity."
- "Do we talk about the dignity of work? Do we give our students any reason for believing it is worthwhile to sacrifice for their work because such sacrifices improve the psychological and mental health of the person who makes them?"
- "The Peace Corps is guilty of enthusiasm and a crusading spirit. But we’re not apologetic about it."
More In Politics
- "I was totally absorbed in the real world, the politics, the history, the news, and I just couldn’t find my way into the fictional world… When I finally could return to writing the novel, it was in fits and starts."― David Guterson
- "Balance, peace, and joy are the fruit of a successful life. It starts with recognizing your talents and finding ways to serve others by using them."― Thomas Kinkade
- "If you really want to diminish a candidate, depict him as the foil of his handler. This is as old in American politics as politics itself."― Karl Rove