More From Sargent Shriver
- "Do we talk about the dignity of work? Do we give our students any reason for believing it is worthwhile to sacrifice for their work because such sacrifices improve the psychological and mental health of the person who makes them?"
- "The only genuine elite is the elite of those men and women who gave their lives to justice and charity."
- "As far as I was concerned, the Depression was an ill wind that blew some good. If it hadn’t occurred, my parents would have given me my college education. As it was, I had to scrabble for it."
More In Politics
- "A politics that is not sensitive to the concerns and circumstances of people’s lives, a politics that does not speak to and include people, is an intellectually arrogant politics that deserves to fail."― Paul Wellstone
- "Only very intelligent people don’t wish they were in politics, and I’m dumb enough to want to be in there."― Orson Welles
- "Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have."― Winston Churchill