More From Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- "A poet ought not to pick nature’s pocket. Let him borrow, and so borrow as to repay by the very act of borrowing. Examine nature accurately, but write from recollection, and trust more to the imagination than the memory."
- "As I live and am a man, this is an unexaggerated tale – my dreams become the substances of my life."
- "Love is flower like; Friendship is like a sheltering tree."
More In Women
- "Our great symbol for the Goddess is the moon, whose three aspects reflect the three stages in women’s lives and whose cycles of waxing and waning coincide with women’s menstrual cycles."― Carol P. Christ
- "I believe women still face a glass ceiling that must be shattered."― Andrew Cuomo
- "No other group in America has so had their identity socialized out of existence as have black women… When black people are talked about the focus tends to be on black men; and when women are talked about the focus tends to be on white women."― Bell Hooks