More From Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- "A poet ought not to pick nature’s pocket. Let him borrow, and so borrow as to repay by the very act of borrowing. Examine nature accurately, but write from recollection, and trust more to the imagination than the memory."
- "A man may devote himself to death and destruction to save a nation; but no nation will devote itself to death and destruction to save mankind."
- "He is the best physician who is the most ingenious inspirer of hope."
More In Women
- "Men are restless, adventurous. Women are conservative – despite what current ideology says."― Doris Lessing
- "I always say God should have given women one extra decade at least, especially if you want a family. You’re trying to pack a lot in."― Christine Baranski
- "When we reach the point where the women athletes are getting their pick of dates just as easily as the men athletes, then we’ve really and truly arrived. Parity at last!"― Billie Jean King