More From Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- "Sympathy constitutes friendship; but in love there is a sort of antipathy, or opposing passion. Each strives to be the other, and both together make up one whole."
- "All sympathy not consistent with acknowledged virtue is but disguised selfishness."
- "No mind is thoroughly well organized that is deficient in a sense of humor."
More In Faith
- "Most atheists bristle at the thought that atheism has anything to do with faith, but not Penn Jillette."― Ray Comfort
- "Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you."― Saint Augustine
- "Godliness, as well as the doctrine of our faith, is a mystery."― William Gurnall