More From Samuel Smiles
- "Life will always be to a large extent what we ourselves make it."
- "Lost wealth may be replaced by industry, lost knowledge by study, lost health by temperance or medicine, but lost time is gone forever."
- "Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience. Precepts and instruction are useful so far as they go, but, without the discipline of real life, they remain of the nature of theory only."
More In Best
- "Well, we have to provide the world’s best schools. We certainly don’t have them, but that’s our objective."― Michael Bloomberg
- "I don’t think there’s anybody in America who thinks my personality is best suited to being Number Two."― Chris Christie
- "I just think it is important that you realize , that you’re the best in the world. Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you’re libertarian or whatever, you are the best. And we should not ever forget that. And when somebody does not do the job, we got to let them go."― Clint Eastwood