More From Samuel Smiles
- "The battle of life is, in most cases, fought uphill; and to win it without a struggle were perhaps to win it without honor. If there were no difficulties there would be no success; if there were nothing to struggle for, there would be nothing to be achieved."
- "Life will always be to a large extent what we ourselves make it."
- "The wise man… if he would live at peace with others, he will bear and forbear."
More In Best
- "Yet food is something that is taken for granted by most world leaders despite the fact that more than half of the population of the world is hungry."― Norman Borlaug
- "Your best friend and worst enemy are both in this room right now. It’s not your neighbor right or left – and it’s not God or the devil – it’s you."― Edwin Louis Cole
- "There is an infinite difference between a little wrong and just right, between fairly good and the best, between mediocrity and superiority."― Orison Swett Marden