More From Samuel Johnson
- "Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance."
- "If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, sir, should keep his friendship in a constant repair."
- "It is better that some should be unhappy rather than that none should be happy, which would be the case in a general state of equality."
More In Happiness
- "Money can’t buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it."― David Lee Roth
- "Grief at the absence of a loved one is happiness compared to life with a person one hates."― Jean de la Bruyere
- "I didn’t want to set up a women’s studies program. I thought women should learn to operate in a coeducational atmosphere, because, especially in national security and international affairs, it’s male-dominated."― Madeleine Albright