More From Samuel Johnson
- "Small debts are like small shot; they are rattling on every side, and can scarcely be escaped without a wound: great debts are like cannon; of loud noise, but little danger."
- "There are goods so opposed that we cannot seize both, but, by too much prudence, may pass between them at too great a distance to reach either."
- "A wise man will make haste to forgive, because he knows the true value of time, and will not suffer it to pass away in unnecessary pain."
More In Happiness
- "My parents- they’ve been my biggest influences and supporters since day one. They teach me every day that happiness comes from within and not from something outside of your heart."― Shawn Johnson
- "I always had a larger view. I’m interested in real life – my family, my friends. I have tried never to define myself by my success, whatever that is. My happiness is way beyond roles and awards."― Amy Adams
- "Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get."― Dale Carnegie