More From Samuel Johnson
- "The use of travelling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are."
- "There are few things that we so unwillingly give up, even in advanced age, as the supposition that we still have the power of ingratiating ourselves with the fair sex."
- "It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust."
More In Great
- "Life is a great big canvas; throw all the paint you can at it."― Danny Kaye
- "Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly and they will show themselves great."― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "It would be against all nature for all the Negroes to be either at the bottom, top, or in between. We will go where the internal drive carries us like everybody else. It is up to the individual."― Zooey Deschanel