More From Samuel Johnson
- "The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading in order to write. A man will turn over half a library to make a book."
- "It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives. The act of dying is not of importance, it lasts so short a time."
- "Life cannot subsist in society but by reciprocal concessions."
More In Great
- "Tennis is all about mental toughness, and you have to keep your head in the game. I make time to relax away from competition pressures, travel and intense training schedules to make sure I’m looking after myself. Taking time out with family and friends helps to maintain the work-life balance everyone needs."― Samantha Stosur
- "When I meet people who say – which they do all of the time – ‘I must just tell you, my great aunt had cancer of the elbow and the doctors gave her 10 seconds to live, but last I heard she was climbing Mount Everest,’ and so forth, I switch off quite early."― Christopher Hitchens
- "Use power to help people. For we are given power not to advance our own purposes nor to make a great show in the world, nor a name. There is but one just use of power and it is to serve people."― George W. Bush