More From Samuel Butler
- "Every man’s work, whether it be literature, or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself."
- "Life is not an exact science, it is an art."
- "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."
More In Attitude
- "If you eat something and get fat, you should be responsible for it. I think that is the attitude of the great majority of Americans, that you should be responsible for what you eat."― Vic Snyder
- "My attitude to writing is like when you do wallpapering, you remember where all the little bits are that don’t meet. And then your friends say: It’s terrific!"― Harrison Birtwistle
- "I’ve never run into a guy who could win at the top level in anything today and didn’t have the right attitude, didn’t give it everything he had, at least while he was doing it; wasn’t prepared and didn’t have the whole program worked out."― Ted Turner