More From Samuel Butler
- "The youth of an art is, like the youth of anything else, its most interesting period. When it has come to the knowledge of good and evil it is stronger, but we care less about it."
- "The sinews of art and literature, like those of war, are money."
- "Lying has a kind of respect and reverence with it. We pay a person the compliment of acknowledging his superiority whenever we lie to him."
More In Attitude
- "I’ve learned from experience that if you work harder at it, and apply more energy and time to it, and more consistency, you get a better result. It comes from the work."― Louis C. K.
- "It is not the body’s posture, but the heart’s attitude that counts when we pray."― Billy Graham
- "If a site is done with pleasure and a fun attitude, it’s a great way to communicate with your fans."― Christopher Lambert