More From Samuel Butler
- "Priests are not men of the world; it is not intended that they should be; and a University training is the one best adapted to prevent their becoming so."
- "The youth of an art is, like the youth of anything else, its most interesting period. When it has come to the knowledge of good and evil it is stronger, but we care less about it."
- "The dons of Oxford and Cambridge are too busy educating the young men to be able to teach them anything."
More In Beauty
- "Loved. You can’t use it in the past tense. Death does not stop that love at all."― Ken Kesey
- "The thing you don’t dream about as a kid is all the peripheral stuff that comes with success."― Tiger Woods
- "I believe that children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside."― Whitney Houston