More From Sam Mendes
- "The movies that influenced me were movies that told their stories through pictures more than words."
- "The perceived wisdom is that people do not go in large numbers to black-and-white movies anymore – which is a great shame, but I’d love to make a black-and-white movie one day."
- "I’ve made movies that cost less than one car chase."
More In Legal
- "I always have one or two, sometimes more, Navajo or other tribes’ cultural elements in mind when I start a plot. In Thief of Time, I wanted to make readers aware of Navajo attitude toward the dead, respect for burial sites."― Tony Hillerman
- "I have written about the dispossessed, immigrants, the condition of women who do not enjoy the same legal rights as men, the Palestinians who are deprived of their land and condemned to exile."― Tahar Ben Jelloun
- "I believe that President Clinton considered the legal merits of the arguments for the pardon as he understood them, and he rendered his judgment, wise or unwise, on the merits."― John Podesta