More From Salman Rushdie
- "The response of anybody interested in liberty is that we all have a say and the ability to have an argument is exactly what liberty is, even though it may never be resolved. In any authoritarian society the possessor of power dictates, and if you try and step outside he will come after you."
- "What one writer can make in the solitude of one room is something no power can easily destroy."
- "The idea of the sacred is quite simply one of the most conservative notions in any culture, because it seeks to turn other ideas – uncertainty, progress, change – into crimes."
More In Diet
- "I pay attention to my diet to be a healthier gymnast, but I’m not obsessive over it."― Shawn Johnson
- "Leave the table while you still feel you could eat a little more."― Helena Rubinstein
- "I’ve never been a huge sweets eater, and I’ve always loved a Mediterranean diet. We eat a lot of dark leafy greens, and a couple meals each week are meat-free. We enjoy eating a balanced diet."― Rachael Ray