More From Saint Francis de Sales
- "Make friends with the angels, who though invisible are always with you. Often invoke them, constantly praise them, and make good use of their help and assistance in all your temporal and spiritual affairs."
- "Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections."
- "Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself."
More In Best
- "Meditation is all about the pursuit of nothingness. It’s like the ultimate rest. It’s better than the best sleep you’ve ever had. It’s a quieting of the mind. It sharpens everything, especially your appreciation of your surroundings. It keeps life fresh."― Hugh Jackman
- "I did not wish to take a cabin passage, but rather to go before the mast and on the deck of the world, for there I could best see the moonlight amid the mountains. I do not wish to go below now."― Henry David Thoreau
- "Of all the home remedies, a good wife is best."― Kin Hubbard