More From Saint Francis de Sales
- "Make friends with the angels, who though invisible are always with you. Often invoke them, constantly praise them, and make good use of their help and assistance in all your temporal and spiritual affairs."
- "There was never an angry man that thought his anger unjust."
- "Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections."
More In Best
- "I really reject that kind of comparison that says, Oh, he is the best. This is the second best. There is no such thing."― Mikhail Baryshnikov
- "You can do the best research and be making the strongest intellectual argument, but if readers don’t get past the third paragraph you’ve wasted your energy and valuable ink."― Carl Hiaasen
- "The time that people aren’t expecting what’s going to happen, I find that’s the best time to really cause the damage that needs to be done."― Marilyn Manson