More From Russell Baker
- "When sudden death takes a president, opportunities for new beginnings flourish among the ambitious and the tensions among such people can be dramatic, as they were when President Kennedy was killed."
- "When it comes to cars, only two varieties of people are possible – cowards and fools."
- "Americans like fat books and thin women."
More In Good
- "If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves."― Joseph Stalin
- "Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work."― Peter Drucker
- "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."― Carl Sagan