More From Ron Wyden
- "It’s correct that I wanted health reform to do more to create choices and promote competition."
- "Americans are free to choose everything from what they eat, drive and watch on TV to the President of the United States. Yet, when it comes to allowing Americans to choose the health insurance that works best for them and their family, the freedom to choose suddenly becomes un-American."
- "Pay-for-procedure or fee-for-service reimbursement rewards doctors and hospitals for volume – not keeping patients healthy or being efficiency. Pay-for-Performance is clearly one tool that can change the incentives to reward quality."
More In Health
- "I do see women voters shifting to the Republican Party and doing so significantly. And the issue that’s doing this is the fear the federal government will prevail in making the Affordable Health Care Act permanent law and how that will hurt small businesses."― Cathy McMorris
- "Today we have a health insurance industry where the first and foremost goal is to maximize profits for shareholders and CEOs, not to cover patients who have fallen ill or to compensate doctors and hospitals for their services. It is an industry that is increasingly concentrated and where Americans are paying more to receive less."― Dianne Feinstein
- "As nations we should also commit afresh to righting past wrongs. In Australia we began this recently with the first Australians – the oldest continuing culture in human history. On behalf of the Australian Parliament, this year I offered an apology to indigenous Australians for the wrongs they had suffered in the past."― Kevin Rudd