More From Ron Fournier
- "Obama won the presidency on the strength of his message and the skills of the messenger. Now the talk of hope and change feels out of tune when so many Americans are out of work, over-mortgaged, and worried that life will be even tougher for their children."
- "You can almost see voters nodding their heads at home: The public’s faith in politicians and political institutions has been on a steep and dangerous decline for decades, because elected leaders fail to deliver."
- "Movies such as ‘Mr. Smith Goes to Washington’ in 1939 to ‘Dave’ in 1993 portray Washington leaders as the ultimate Everymen – decent people just like you and me, only thrust onto greatness."
More In Respect
- "It’s fantastic to have the opportunity to work abroad, and do all that, but there is a certain point where you’re just like, ‘Oh, I’d love to work at home.’"― Keira Knightley
- "Optimism is essential to achievement and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress."― Nicholas M. Butler
- "There’s one advantage in having been around as long as I have. Everybody in the Senate knows me, and – I’m going to say something presumptuous, to repeat myself – I think most respect me."― Joe Biden