More From Ron Chernow
- "Partly because his life ended before the age of 50, Hamilton was defined by the other founding fathers, and he managed, with amazing consistency, to alienate most of them."
- "The public has lost faith in the ability of Social Security and Medicare to provide for old age. They’ve lost faith in the banking system and in conventional medical insurance."
- "I have developed a very strong partiality for the dead: they don’t talk back, they don’t sue, and they don’t have angry relatives."
More In Experience
- "You have to trust your kids. They have to experience life, and you just hope you’ve provided them a foundation for what’s right and what isn’t."― Jack Nicklaus
- "Better than anything else in our culture, it enables fathers and sons to speak on a level playing field while building up from within a personal history of shared experience – a group history – that may be tapped into at will in years to come."― John Thorn
- "Existence itself does not feel horrible; it feels like an ecstasy, rather, which we have only to be still to experience."― John Updike