More From Ron Chernow
- "The Great Inflation of the 1970s destroyed faith in paper assets, because if you held a bond, suddenly the bond was worth much less money than it was before."
- "I have developed a very strong partiality for the dead: they don’t talk back, they don’t sue, and they don’t have angry relatives."
- "Partly because his life ended before the age of 50, Hamilton was defined by the other founding fathers, and he managed, with amazing consistency, to alienate most of them."
More In Experience
- "Gather experience… Look at what you should not look at. A feeling of anxiety is the sure and certain evidence that you should do this."― Clive Barker
- "There is nothing so easy to learn as experience and nothing so hard to apply."― Josh Billings
- "I was so emotional. Choked up. I could hardly talk all day. I’ll be cleaning out my trailer and saying goodbye soon, realizing what a wonderful experience this has been."― Dennis Franz