More From Ron Chernow
- "I have developed a very strong partiality for the dead: they don’t talk back, they don’t sue, and they don’t have angry relatives."
- "We really haven’t had very much experience with people funding their retirement out of the stock market, and we don’t know, frankly, how it would work under every scenario."
- "Partly because his life ended before the age of 50, Hamilton was defined by the other founding fathers, and he managed, with amazing consistency, to alienate most of them."
More In Faith
- "I’m not Candide, nor Dr Pangloss, but we know that faith moves mountains."― Daniel Libeskind
- "Was the real Jesus of history one and the same as the Christ of faith whom we read about in the New Testament and worship in the church? Was Jesus really raised from the dead? Is he really the divine Lord of lords?"― John Clayton
- "Faith is not belief. Belief is passive. Faith is active."― Edith Hamilton