More From Roger Ebert
- "The right really dominates radio, and it’s amazing how much energy the right spends telling us that the press is slanted to the left when it really isn’t. They want to shut other people up. They really don’t understand the First Amendment."
- "Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you."
- "It’s funny that there was so much disturbance about having a Catholic in the White House with Kennedy, and when we finally get a religion in the White House that’s causing a lot of conflicts, and concerns, and disturbances for a lot of people, it’s in the Bush Administration."
More In Movies
- "Because most people are not sufficiently employed in themselves, they run about loose, hungering for employment, and satisfy themselves in various supererogatory occupations. The easiest of these occupations, which have all to do with making things already made, is the making of people: it is called the art of friendship."― Laura Riding
- "Right now, my job is that I’m like an ambulance chaser. I’ve got to look for movies with white guys falling out of them."― Chris Rock
- "My existence is about making movies, so I’ve just got to rock and roll with the punches. You want to make movies on telephones, I’m there."― Abel Ferrara