More From Roger Ebert
- "If a movie isn’t a hit right out of the gate, they drop it. Which means that the whole mainstream Hollywood product has been skewed toward violence and vulgar teen comedy."
- "Well, you know what, I’m 60 years old, and I’ve been interested in politics since I was on my daddy’s knee. During the 1948 election, we were praying for Truman. I know a lot about politics."
- "I begin to feel like most Americans don’t understand the First Amendment, don’t understand the idea of freedom of speech, and don’t understand that it’s the responsibility of the citizen to speak out."
More In Movies
- "Some movies get rushed out right after you make them and I’m not always happy with that."― Aaron Eckhart
- "I think as an American society, when we’re paying too many taxes or dealing with war, we don’t want to see sad things at the movies."― Zoe Saldana
- "All movies assault the viewer in one way or another."― Michael Haneke