More From Roger Ebert
- "We can now have action movies with two stars where one might be African American and one might be Asian American. One of them doesn’t have to be white, and the other one doesn’t have to be the ethnic sidekick. We’re way over that. And I think it’s happening in society, too."
- "Well, you know what, I’m 60 years old, and I’ve been interested in politics since I was on my daddy’s knee. During the 1948 election, we were praying for Truman. I know a lot about politics."
- "I begin to feel like most Americans don’t understand the First Amendment, don’t understand the idea of freedom of speech, and don’t understand that it’s the responsibility of the citizen to speak out."
More In Movies
- "The future is always a dystopia in movies."― Alex Cox
- "I’m a movie nut. I go to the movies probably twice a week, and if I’m not doing anything at night, I’m usually watching a movie or two."― Dominic Monaghan
- "My dream remains to inform and entertain through fiction in the form of novels and movies that compete in the marketplace of ideas."― Jerry B. Jenkins