More From Robertson Davies
- "There is no nonsense so gross that society will not, at some time, make a doctrine of it and defend it with every weapon of communal stupidity."
- "A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight."
- "The great book for you is the book that has the most to say to you at the moment when you are reading. I do not mean the book that is most instructive, but the book that feeds your spirit. And that depends on your age, your experience, your psychological and spiritual need."
More In Politics
- "Politics is the diversion of trivial men who, when they succeed at it, become important in the eyes of more trivial men."― George Jean Nathan
- "Well I think it has always been a mistake to reduce the peace process in Ireland to a decommissioning process."― Martin McGuinness
- "You want a friend in Washington? Get a dog."― Harry S. Truman