More From Robertson Davies
- "Do not suppose, however, that I intend to urge a diet of classics on anybody. I have seen such diets at work. I have known people who have actually read all, or almost all, the guaranteed Hundred Best Books. God save us from reading nothing but the best."
- "The love of truth lies at the root of much humor."
- "There is no nonsense so gross that society will not, at some time, make a doctrine of it and defend it with every weapon of communal stupidity."
More In Politics
- "The revenues of Cuban state-run companies are used exclusively for the benefit of the people, to whom they belong."― Fidel Castro
- "We’re seeing quite a lot of people who really would like a return to class-based politics."― Patricia Hewitt
- "I believe that it is an unchanging value of democracy that ends cannot justify the means in politics."― Park Geun-hye