More From Robert Wilson Lynd
- "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf."
- "There are two sorts of curiosity – the momentary and the permanent. The momentary is concerned with the odd appearance on the surface of things. The permanent is attracted by the amazing and consecutive life that flows on beneath the surface of things."
More In Nature
- "We have failed to protect science against speculative extensions of nature, continuing to assign physical and mathematical properties to hypothetical entities beyond what is observable in nature."― Robert Lanza
- "In order to acquire a growing and lasting respect in society, it is a good thing, if you possess great talent, to give, early in your youth, a very hard kick to the right shin of the society that you love. After that, be a snob."― Salvador Dali
- "Perhaps the surest test of an individual’s integrity is his refusal to do or say anything that would damage his self-respect."― Thomas S. Monson