More From Robert Wilson Lynd
- "There are two sorts of curiosity – the momentary and the permanent. The momentary is concerned with the odd appearance on the surface of things. The permanent is attracted by the amazing and consecutive life that flows on beneath the surface of things."
- "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf."
More In Nature
- "I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success… such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything."― Nikola Tesla
- "Mattresses! Beautiful! Let’s go buy a couple of mattresses. Give ’em to people for their birthday."― Lawrence Tierney
- "I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature."― John D. Rockefeller