More From Robert Staughton Lynd
- "Cut quarrels out of literature, and you will have very little history or drama or fiction or epic poetry left."
- "Friendship will not stand the strain of very much good advice for very long."
- "Most of us can remember a time when a birthday – especially if it was one’s own – brightened the world as if a second sun has risen."
More In Power
- "For it is the duty of an astronomer to compose the history of the celestial motions through careful and expert study."― Nicolaus Copernicus
- "The sword is the axis of the world and its power is absolute."― Charles de Gaulle
- "I’ve worked with many directors, good ones and bad ones. So if I have a chance to work the good ones, I better put myself in their hands, and trust them, because that’s my big opportunity to be different, and to be better than usual."― Thomas Kretschmann