More From Robert Staughton Lynd
- "Cut quarrels out of literature, and you will have very little history or drama or fiction or epic poetry left."
- "Most of us can remember a time when a birthday – especially if it was one’s own – brightened the world as if a second sun has risen."
- "Friendship will not stand the strain of very much good advice for very long."
More In Power
- "Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions."― James Madison
- "Knowledge is not a passion from without the mind, but an active exertion of the inward strength, vigor and power of the mind, displaying itself from within."― Ralph Cudworth
- "It’s the continuation of everyone’s childhood to see these young children who grow up full of life, full of intelligence, full of a sense of wonder. And within an instant they’re gone from this world. It’s terrible."― Lucien Bouchard