More From Robert Staughton Lynd
- "Most of us can remember a time when a birthday – especially if it was one’s own – brightened the world as if a second sun has risen."
- "Knowledge is power only if man knows what facts not to bother with."
- "Cut quarrels out of literature, and you will have very little history or drama or fiction or epic poetry left."
More In Friendship
- "Love demands infinitely less than friendship."― George Jean Nathan
- "Eros will have naked bodies; Friendship naked personalities."― C. S. Lewis
- "We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery."― Samuel Smiles