More From Robert Staughton Lynd
- "Knowledge is power only if man knows what facts not to bother with."
- "Cut quarrels out of literature, and you will have very little history or drama or fiction or epic poetry left."
- "Most of us can remember a time when a birthday – especially if it was one’s own – brightened the world as if a second sun has risen."
More In Friendship
- "Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence."― George Washington
- "The dupe of friendship, and the fool of love; have I not reason to hate and to despise myself? Indeed I do; and chiefly for not having hated and despised the world enough."― William Hazlitt
- "The Bush Administration’s failure to be consistently involved in helping Israel achieve peace with the Palestinians has been both wrong for our friendship with Israel, as well as badly damaging to our standing in the Arab world."― Barack Obama