More From Robert Staughton Lynd
- "Cut quarrels out of literature, and you will have very little history or drama or fiction or epic poetry left."
- "Knowledge is power only if man knows what facts not to bother with."
- "Most of us can remember a time when a birthday – especially if it was one’s own – brightened the world as if a second sun has risen."
More In Friendship
- "We would load up the yellow Cutlass Supreme station wagon and pick blackberries during blackberry season or spring onions during spring onion season. For us, food was part of the fabric of our day."― Mario Batali
- "In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit."― Albert Schweitzer
- "Let us be honest with each other. The threat to marriage is not the gays. It is a lack of loving commitment – whether it is found in the form of neglect, indifference, cruelty or adultery, to name just a few manifestations of the loveless desert in which too many marriages come to grief."― Malcolm Turnbull