More From Robert Staughton Lynd
- "Most of us can remember a time when a birthday – especially if it was one’s own – brightened the world as if a second sun has risen."
- "Knowledge is power only if man knows what facts not to bother with."
- "Cut quarrels out of literature, and you will have very little history or drama or fiction or epic poetry left."
More In Friendship
- "The sincere friends of this world are as ship lights in the stormiest of nights."― Giotto di Bondone
- "Friendship is almost always the union of a part of one mind with the part of another; people are friends in spots."― George Santayana
- "Love, friendship and respect do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something."― Anton Chekhov