More From Robert South
- "It is the work of fancy to enlarge, but of judgment to shorten and contract; and therefore this must be as far above the other as judgment is a greater and nobler faculty than fancy or imagination."
- "The seven wise men of Greece, so famous for their wisdom all the world over, acquired all that fame, each of them, by a single sentence consisting of two or three words."
- "Anger is a transient hatred; or at least very like it."
More In Religion
- "Divorce is so common and accepted in America that beating myself up over it may sound ridiculous. But I was raised to believe that divorce wasn’t an option; to me, divorce equaled failure. I wasn’t able to change that equation until I found myself in the right relationship."― Trisha Yearwood
- "I started listening to and playing other music in the ’90s. It was after hearing other bands, like Bad Religion, cover Ramones songs that I started to like our songs again."― Dee Dee Ramone
- "Thus a man was born into a fixed relation to certain gods as surely as he was born into a relation to his fellow-men; and his religion… was simply one side of the general scheme of conduct prescribed for him by his position as a member of society."― William Robertson Smith