More From Robert South
- "Anger is a transient hatred; or at least very like it."
- "The seven wise men of Greece, so famous for their wisdom all the world over, acquired all that fame, each of them, by a single sentence consisting of two or three words."
- "It is the work of fancy to enlarge, but of judgment to shorten and contract; and therefore this must be as far above the other as judgment is a greater and nobler faculty than fancy or imagination."
More In Religion
- "Gentleness, self-sacrifice and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion."― Mahatma Gandhi
- "There is one thing higher than Royalty: and that is religion, which causes us to leave the world, and seek God."― Elizabeth I
- "If we must not act save on a certainty, we ought not to act on religion, for it is not certain. But how many things we do on an uncertainty, sea voyages, battles!"― Blaise Pascal