More From Robert South
- "Anger is a transient hatred; or at least very like it."
- "The seven wise men of Greece, so famous for their wisdom all the world over, acquired all that fame, each of them, by a single sentence consisting of two or three words."
- "It is the work of fancy to enlarge, but of judgment to shorten and contract; and therefore this must be as far above the other as judgment is a greater and nobler faculty than fancy or imagination."
More In Religion
- "I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect."― Jiddu Krishnamurti
- "I love the idea of the teachings of Jesus Christ and the beautiful stories about it, which I loved in Sunday school and I collected all the little stickers and put them in my book. But the reality is that organised religion doesn’t seem to work. It turns people into hateful lemmings and it’s not really compassionate."― Elton John
- "All religion seems to need to prove that it’s the only truth. And that’s where it turns demonic. Because that’s when you get religious wars and persecutions and burning heretics at the stake."― John Shelby Spong