More From Robert Morgan
- "The young people have MTV and rock and roll. Why would they go to read poetry? Poetry belongs to the Stone Age. It awakens in us perceptions that go back to those times."
- "Pound’s translation of Chinese poetry was maybe the most important thing I read. Eliot a little bit later."
- "Part of what we love about poetry is the fact that it seems ancient, that it has an authority of ancient language and ancient form, and that it’s timeless, that it reaches back."
More In Art
- "All philosophies, if you ride them home, are nonsense, but some are greater nonsense than others."― Samuel Butler
- "We know that there are significant health benefits from consuming more fruits and vegetables, and that’s an opportunity for us to sort of move away from some of the meals that we’ve been preparing in the past."― Tom Vilsack
- "If you do not breathe through writing, if you do not cry out in writing, or sing in writing, then don’t write, because our culture has no use for it."― Anais Nin