More From Robert Morgan
- "I don’t think American poetry has gotten any better in the past 35 years. Oddly enough, creative writing programs seem to have been good for fiction, and I would not have predicted that."
- "I don’t think poetry is something that can be taught. We can encourage young writers, but what you can’t teach them is the very essence of poetry."
- "One of the most powerful devices of poetry is the use of distortions. You can go from talking about the way a minute passes to the way a century passes, or a lifetime."
More In Art
- "One of the virtues of being very young is that you don’t let the facts get in the way of your imagination."― Sam Levenson
- "The more horrifying this world becomes, the more art becomes abstract."― Ellen Key
- "Well, when I was younger, I lied all the time, because once you understand the power of lying, it’s really like magic because you transform reality for people."― Louis C. K.