More From Robert Morgan
- "It was less a literary thing than a linguistic, philosophical preoccupation… discovering how far you can go with language to create immediate, elementary experience."
- "What actually makes poetry poetry is of course impossible to define. We recognize it when we hear it, when we see it, but we can’t define it."
- "I don’t think the creative writing industry has helped American poetry."
More In Poetry
- "I use rock and jazz and blues rhythms because I love that music. I hope my poetry has a relationship with good-time rock’n roll."― Adrian Mitchell
- "My mother carried on and supported us; her ambition had been to write poetry and songs."― Philip Levine
- "And inasmuch as the bridge is a symbol of all such poetry as I am interested in writing it is my present fancy that a year from now I’ll be more contented working in an office than ever before."― Hart Crane