More From Robert Morgan
- "The decision to write in prose instead of poetry is made more by the readers than by writers. Almost no one is interested in reading narrative in verse."
- "The great watershed of modern poetry is French, more than English."
- "You have to really dive deep back into yourself and get rid of so much modern analytical categorization. It’s one of the great things poetry does."
More In Poetry
- "If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry."― Emily Dickinson
- "Prose talks and poetry sings."― Franz Grillparzer
- "I wanted to reimagine the role, in a way that was respectful of its traditional responsibilities but made them part of a wider pattern of poetry about national incidents, events, preoccupations; and to spend a great deal of time going to schools trying to demystify poetry."― Andrew Motion