More From Robert Morgan
- "Poetry, almost by definition, calls attention to its language and form."
- "You have to really dive deep back into yourself and get rid of so much modern analytical categorization. It’s one of the great things poetry does."
- "The Language Poets are writing only about language itself. The Ashbery poets are writing only about poetry itself. That seems to me a kind of dead end."
More In Poetry
- "Poetry is all that is worth remembering in life."― William Hazlitt
- "Poetry is fascinating. As soon as it begins the poetry has changed the thing into something extra, and somehow prose can go over into poetry."― Michael Tippett
- "Have you ever heard a good joke? If you’ve ever heard someone just right, with the right pacing, then you’re already on the way to poetry. It’s about using words in very precise ways and using gesture."― Rita Dove