More From Robert Louis Stevenson
- "Every heart that has beat strongly and cheerfully has left a hopeful impulse behind it in the world, and bettered the tradition of mankind."
- "Give us grace and strength to forbear and to persevere. Give us courage and gaiety and the quiet mind, spare to us our friends, soften to us our enemies."
- "Books are good enough in their own way, but they are a poor substitute for life."
More In Marriage
- "The difficulty with marriage is that we fall in love with a personality, but must live with a character."― Peter De Vries
- "I tried marriage. I’m 0 for 3 with the marriage thing. So, being a ballplayer – I believe in numbers. I’m not going 0 for 4. I’m not wearing a golden sombrero."― Charlie Sheen
- "In a happy marriage it is the wife who provides the climate, the husband the landscape."― Gerald Brenan