More From Robert Louis Stevenson
- "Marriage is like life – it is a field of battle, not a bed of roses."
- "If a man loves the labour of his trade, apart from any question of success or fame, the gods have called him."
- "When I am grown to man’s estate I shall be very proud and great. And tell the other girls and boys Not to meddle with my toys."
More In Marriage
- "It’s nice to be able to work; I’d love to be able to do another TV show I could do in Chicago so I could live and work in the same place. It’s hard being a parent and being in a good marriage, and it all takes a lot of work, but if you’re not there you can’t do any of it."― Joan Cusack
- "I was very influenced by the musicals and romantic comedies of the 1930s. I admired Gene Harlow and such, which probably explains why, since the end of my marriage, I’ve dated nothing but a succession of blondes."― Hugh Hefner
- "You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we’re doing it."― Neil Gaiman