More From Robert Caro
- "You know, we’re taught that in a democracy power comes from being elected."
- "The ballet embodies the notes of music. And sometimes you almost feel like you can see the notes dance up there on the stage."
- "Every president has to live with the result of what Lyndon Johnson did with Vietnam, when he lost the trust of the American people in the presidency."
More In Power
- "Would that the simple maxim, that honesty is the best policy, might be laid to heart; that a sense of the true aim of life might elevate the tone of politics and trade till public and private honor become identical."― Margaret Fuller
- "Technology gives us power, but it does not and cannot tell us how to use that power. Thanks to technology, we can instantly communicate across the world, but it still doesn’t help us know what to say."― Jonathan Sacks
- "I want everything I do to have humor in it, because it seems to me that all of life has that."― Lawrence Kasdan