More From Robert Caro
- "I don’t think of my books as being biographies. I never had any interest in doing a book just to write the life of a great man. I had zero interest in that. My interest is in power. How power works."
- "You know, my first three or four drafts, you can see, are on legal pads in long hand. And then I go to a typewriter, and I know everybody’s switching to a computer. And I’m sort of laughed at."
- "The ballet embodies the notes of music. And sometimes you almost feel like you can see the notes dance up there on the stage."
More In Power
- "Many writers upon the science of political economy have declared that it is the duty of a nation first to encourage the creation of wealth; and second, to direct and control its distribution. All such theories are delusive."― Leland Stanford
- "I’m not in power, but my ideas are in power. And my ideas will prevail."― Ehud Olmert
- "Just because you are blind and unable to see my beauty doesn’t mean it does not exist."― Margaret Cho