More From Robert Ballard
- "What drives me is exploration with a purpose, more the classic Royal Geographical Society genre."
- "Fifty percent of our country that we own, have all legal jurisdiction, have all rights to do whatever we want, lies beneath the sea and we have better maps of Mars than that 50 percent."
- "I’m a geophysicist and all my earth science books when I was a student, I had to give the wrong answer to get an A. We used to ridicule continental drift. It was something we laughed at. We learned of Marshall Kay’s geosynclinal cycle, which is a bunch of crap."
More In Amazing
- "I think it’s an amazing quality to be able to roll with the punches and not be totally ruined as a person because life’s been rough for you. That’s a really admirable way to go through your life."― Anna Paquin
- "I was friends with all different people and all different groups. And that led me to being friends with a few people who didn’t even go to my school. Now I have the most amazing collection of friends of all ethnic backgrounds and upbringing and financial backgrounds."― James Maslow
- "The things that people do now in sports, you can’t even believe. These are complete total athletes. To see what human beings can do in the highest level is amazing."― Billie Joe Armstrong