More From Robert B. Laughlin
- "Over the course of time this gave us a deep respect for ideas, both our own and those of others, and an understanding that conflict through debate is a powerful means of revealing truth."
- "As a consequence while we had a roof over our heads, food on the table, and clothes to wear to school we were constantly conscious of being of modest means."
- "Another important aspect of our home was respect for ideas."
More In Amazing
- "Believe me, that was a happy age, before the days of architects, before the days of builders."― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- "With the song ‘This Christmas’ I wanted to do something that was kind of different. I mean, Donny Hathaway is an amazing artist. So I wanted to bring my flavor to the song so when people over the age of 45 or 50 hear it they’ll be like ‘OK, he did his thing with that record.’ It’s like I can appeal to everybody and not just a younger demographic."― Chris Brown
- "Your enjoyment of the world is never right, till every morning you awake in Heaven: see yourself in your Father’s palace; and look upon the skies, the earth, and the air as celestial joys: having such a reverend esteem of all, as if you were among the angels."― Thomas Traherne