More From Rita Dove
- "I was apprehensive. I feared every time I talked about poetry, it would be filtered through the lens of race, sex, and age."
- "I thought, after the Pulitzer, at least nothing will surprise me quite that much in my life. And another one happened. It was quite amazing."
- "Have you ever heard a good joke? If you’ve ever heard someone just right, with the right pacing, then you’re already on the way to poetry. It’s about using words in very precise ways and using gesture."
More In Poetry
- "Well, probably I was fed up with concrete poetry. There was a lot of bad concrete poetry and besides, it was confused with visual poetry which was completely different."― Ian Hamilton Finlay
- "I think that is where poetry reading becomes such an individual thing. I mean I have friend who like poets who just don’t say anything to me at all, I mean they seem to me rather ordinary and pedestrian."― James Laughlin
- "Hugh Grant is the main man. He’s the number one romantic comedy man in the world."― Sam Elliott