More From Rick Warren
- "I happen to agree with many of the liberal emphasis on compassion, justice and equality. I just disagree that it’s the government’s role to provide everything."
- "God is looking for people to use, and if you can get usable, he will wear you out. The most dangerous prayer you can pray is this: ‘Use me.’"
- "In Psalm 72, Solomon prays for power and fame but he says the purpose of influence is to speak up for others and one is the immigrant. He doesn’t delineate between legal and illegal."
More In Faith
- "God enters by a private door into every individual."― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Rome should sometimes intervene and say this or that is not in conformity with the Catholic faith. Theologians should understand that. Some theologians go too far, for example, reducing the Catholic faith to a universal philosophy."― Godfried Danneels
- "Our nation has kept faith with its veterans. Funding for veterans healthcare and benefits is strong, and has increased more than 75 percent in the last decade."― Steve Buyer