More From Rick Perry
- "We’ve got the wind at our back right now. Americans are waking up to the realities of their previous choices. We must keep America moving back to preeminence because our values and conservative ideas are the world’s greatest hope."
- "I stand before you as the governor of Texas but also stand before you the son of two tenant farmers. Ray Perry who came home after 35 bombing missions over Europe to work his little corner of land out there and Amelia who made sure that my sister Milla and I had everything that we needed, included hand sewing my clothes until I went off to college."
- "We believe in government involvement that leads to independence: good schools, quality roads and the best health care."
More In Courage
- "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."― Nelson Mandela
- "Courage is poorly housed that dwells in numbers; the lion never counts the herd that are about him, nor weighs how many flocks he has to scatter."― Aaron Hill
- "The principal act of courage is to endure and withstand dangers doggedly rather than to attack them."― Thomas Aquinas