More From Richard Le Gallienne
- "It is curious how, from time immemorial, man seems to have associated the idea of evil with beauty, shrunk from it with a sort of ghostly fear, while, at the same time drawn to it by force of its hypnotic attraction."
- "A woman’s beauty is one of her great missions."
- "We also maintain – again with perfect truth – that mystery is more than half of beauty, the element of strangeness that stirs the senses through the imagination."
More In Religion
- "We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form."― William Ralph Inge
- "Money and women. They’re two of the strongest things in the world. The things you do for a woman you wouldn’t do for anything else. Same with money."― Satchel Paige
- "There is not enough religion in the world even to destroy religion."― Friedrich Nietzsche