More From Richard Le Gallienne
- "It is curious how, from time immemorial, man seems to have associated the idea of evil with beauty, shrunk from it with a sort of ghostly fear, while, at the same time drawn to it by force of its hypnotic attraction."
- "Modern science, then, so far from being an enemy of romance, is seen on every hand to be its sympathetic and resourceful friend, its swift and irresistible helper in its serious need, and an indulgent minister to its lighter fancies."
- "A woman’s beauty is one of her great missions."
More In Religion
- "Religion is the organization of spirituality into something that became the hand maiden of conquerors. Nearly all religions were brought to people and imposed on people by conquerors, and used as the framework to control their minds."― John Henrik Clarke
- "Who made these laws? That’s what I want to know. So that’s why I wear two crosses now. I call it double cross. I believe in God-not religion."― Ja Rule
- "No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means."― George Bernard Shaw