More From Rebecca West
- "Life ought to be a struggle of desire toward adventures whose nobility will fertilize the soul."
- "Any authentic work of art must start an argument between the artist and his audience."
- "Before a war military science seems a real science, like astronomy; but after a war it seems more like astrology."
More In Trust
- "I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one’s wife happy. First, let her think she’s having her own way. And second, let her have it."― Lyndon B. Johnson
- "When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don’t throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer."― Corrie Ten Boom
- "I ran to my marriage, I was happily ready to take on marriage."― Mark Ruffalo