More From Rebecca West
- "The main difference between men and women is that men are lunatics and women are idiots."
- "Before a war military science seems a real science, like astronomy; but after a war it seems more like astrology."
- "There is no wider gulf in the universe than yawns between those on the hither and thither side of vital experience."
More In Trust
- "People make suggestions on what to say all the time. I’ll give you an example; I don’t read what’s handed to me. People say, ‘Here, here’s your speech, or here’s an idea for a speech.’ They’re changed. Trust me."― George W. Bush
- "Most of the energy of political work is devoted to correcting the effects of mismanagement of government."― Milton Friedman
- "Americans have been given goals to achieve in Iraq, but not the standards by which to measure progress. And the only assurance Americans have been given that we can reach those goals is to trust the President and his Administration at their word."― Patrick J. Kennedy