More From Ray Stannard Baker
- "It is not short of amazing, the power of a great idea to weld men together. There was in it a peculiar, intense, vital spirit if you will, that I have never felt before in any strike."
- "The very first time I was on a car in Atlanta, I saw the conductor – all conductors are white – ask a Negro woman to get up and take a seat farther back in order to make a place for a white man. I have also seen white men requested to leave the Negro section of the car."
More In Courage
- "Why should we honour those that die upon the field of battle? A man may show as reckless a courage in entering into the abyss of himself."― William Butler Yeats
- "I’ll know how to die with courage; that is easier than living."― Georg Buchner
- "During the long process of history, by relying on our own diligence, courage and wisdom, Chinese people have opened up a good and beautiful home where all ethnic groups live in harmony and fostered an excellent culture that never fades."― Xi Jinping