More From Rahm Emanuel
- "While Mayor Daley surprised me today with his decision to not run for reelection, I have never been surprised by his leadership, dedication and tireless work on behalf of the city and the people of Chicago."
- "The person who takes the oath of office in the next four months will shape not just the next four years, but the next forty years of our nation. In these next four years, we need proven leadership, proven judgment and proven values. America needs four more years of President Barack Obama."
- "Things happened there that I don’t think are the finest hours for anybody, whether it was a journalist, the legal system or, in that case of the political system, who would say that was an example of when Washington worked best."
More In Politics
- "Politics, as the word is commonly understood, are nothing but corruptions."― Jonathan Swift
- "There are no true friends in politics. We are all sharks circling, and waiting, for traces of blood to appear in the water."― Alan Clark
- "My mother’s studies stopped with the third year of primary school, my father with the first. They taught me a deep sense of duty. But nobody was involved in politics in my family."― Emma Bonino