More From Quintilian
- "Our minds are like our stomaches; they are whetted by the change of their food, and variety supplies both with fresh appetite."
- "It is worth while too to warn the teacher that undue severity in correcting faults is liable at times to discourage a boy’s mind from effort."
- "God, that all-powerful Creator of nature and architect of the world, has impressed man with no character so proper to distinguish him from other animals, as by the faculty of speech."
More In Art
- "Art is not a treasure in the past or an importation from another land, but part of the present life of all living and creating peoples."― Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Many art-worlders have an if-you-say-so approach to art: Everyone is so scared of missing out on the next hot artist that it’s never clear whether people are liking work because they like it or because other people do. Everyone is keeping up with the Joneses, and there are more Joneses than ever."― Jerry Saltz
- "People are surprised at how down-to-earth I am. I like to stay home on Friday nights and listen to ‘The Art of Happiness’ by the Dalai Lama."― Carmen Electra