More From Quintilian
- "When we cannot hope to win, it is an advantage to yield."
- "God, that all-powerful Creator of nature and architect of the world, has impressed man with no character so proper to distinguish him from other animals, as by the faculty of speech."
- "To my mind the boy who gives least promise is one in whom the critical faculty develops in advance of the imagination."
More In Art
- "Early-twentieth-century abstraction is art’s version of Einstein’s Theory of Relativity. It’s the idea that changed everything everywhere: quickly, decisively, for good."― Jerry Saltz
- "The seat of knowledge is in the head; of wisdom, in the heart. We are sure to judge wrong, if we do not feel right."― William Hazlitt
- "Art and mass entertainment and propaganda, they can all be plotted on the same graph, but there is a difference."― David Mamet