More From Polly Toynbee
- "People want the right to die at a time of their own choosing. Too many families have watched helplessly as a relative dies slowly, longing for death."
- "But how odd that in this heathen nation of empty pews, where churches’ bare, ruined choirs are converted into luxury loft living, a Labour government – yes, a Labour government – is deliberately creating a huge expansion of faith schools."
- "Is anyone serious about the politics of happiness? David Cameron dipped a toe in the water, using the word lightly, but denying the hard policies it implies. Labour shies away from it, but should take up the challenge."
More In Religion
- "But even in the Christian religion, much of its real meaning is hidden by words that are misleading and symbols that but few understand."― Ernest Holmes
- "Our marriage is strictly in name only. It has never been consummated."― LaToya Jackson
- "I’ve been around a long time, and life still has a whole lot of surprises for me."― Loretta Lynn