More From Polly Toynbee
- "It is now possible to quantify people’s levels of happiness pretty accurately by asking them, by observation, and by measuring electrical activity in the brain, in degrees from terrible pain to sublime joy."
- "But how odd that in this heathen nation of empty pews, where churches’ bare, ruined choirs are converted into luxury loft living, a Labour government – yes, a Labour government – is deliberately creating a huge expansion of faith schools."
- "But instead of standing up for reason, our government is handing education over to the world of faith."
More In Religion
- "After it is all over, the religion of man is his most important possession."― John D. Rockefeller
- "I am an atheist, and if an atheist and a pope think the same things, there must be something true. There must be some human truth that is beyond religion."― Oriana Fallaci
- "I’m never afraid to try something if I think it’s funny. And I know I’ll regret it if I don’t."― Seann William Scott