More From Plautus
- "Patience is the best remedy for every trouble."
- "Courage is what preserves our liberty, safety, life, and our homes and parents, our country and children. Courage comprises all things."
- "Property is unstable, and youth perishes in a moment. Life itself is held in the grinning fangs of Death, Yet men delay to obtain release from the world. Alas, the conduct of mankind is surprising."
More In Friendship
- "Self-preservation is the first law of nature."― Samuel Butler
- "A friend should be one in whose understanding and virtue we can equally confide, and whose opinion we can value at once for its justness and its sincerity."― Robert Hall
- "Neatness begets order; but from order to taste there is the same difference as from taste to genius, or from love to friendship."― Johann Kaspar Lavater