More From Plato
- "For the introduction of a new kind of music must be shunned as imperiling the whole state; since styles of music are never disturbed without affecting the most important political institutions."
- "Nothing can be more absurd than the practice that prevails in our country of men and women not following the same pursuits with all their strengths and with one mind, for thus, the state instead of being whole is reduced to half."
- "Courage is a kind of salvation."
More In Power
- "I believe in delegating power."― Hillary Clinton
- "There is that in the glance of a flower which may at times control the greatest of creation’s braggart lords."― John Muir
- "Concerns about the size and role of government are what seem to leave reformers stammering and speechless in town-hall meetings. The right wants to have a debate over fundamental principles; elected Democrats seem incapable of giving it to them."― Thomas Frank