More From Philip Levine
- "There’ll always be working people in my poems because I grew up with them, and I am a poet of memory."
- "My mother carried on and supported us; her ambition had been to write poetry and songs."
- "I realized poetry’s the thing that I can do ’cause I can stick at it and work with tremendous intensity."
More In Poetry
- "I look for poetry in English because it’s the only language I read."― Jack Prelutsky
- "I like something where I can really use my imagination and be an active participant in the construction of the monster and usually that’s in the world of the supernatural or the world of the fantastic, so that’s why those kinds of stories about demons and the supernatural appeal to me or maybe I’m really interested in that subject."― Sam Raimi
- "Poetry is one of the destinies of speech… One would say that the poetic image, in its newness, opens a future to language."― Gaston Bachelard