More From Philip Levine
- "Meet some people who care about poetry the way you do. You’ll have that readership. Keep going until you know you’re doing work that’s worthy. And then see what happens. That’s my advice."
- "My mother carried on and supported us; her ambition had been to write poetry and songs."
- "Now I think poetry will save nothing from oblivion, but I keep writing about the ordinary because for me it’s the home of the extraordinary, the only home."
More In Poetry
- "Poetry, especially traditional Iranian poetry, is very good at looking at things from a number of different angles simultaneously."― Asghar Farhadi
- "I wanted to trust in my partners and the directors and producers and do the best I can to deliver what I could deliver."― Martin Lawrence
- "I always wrote poetry and stuff like that, so putting songs together wasn’t that spectacular."― Amy Winehouse