More From Philip Levine
- "There’ll always be working people in my poems because I grew up with them, and I am a poet of memory."
- "My mother carried on and supported us; her ambition had been to write poetry and songs."
- "I realized poetry’s the thing that I can do ’cause I can stick at it and work with tremendous intensity."
More In Poetry
- "Poetry is man’s rebellion against being what he is."― James Branch Cabell
- "In the world of poetry there are would-be poets, workshop poets, promising poets, lovesick poets, university poets, and a few real poets."― James Broughton
- "I’ve never been Romeo who meets a girl and falls for her immediately. It’s been a much slower process for me each time I’ve gone into a relationship."― Leonardo DiCaprio