More From Philip Levine
- "Meet some people who care about poetry the way you do. You’ll have that readership. Keep going until you know you’re doing work that’s worthy. And then see what happens. That’s my advice."
- "The irony is, going to work every day became the subject of probably my best poetry."
- "There’ll always be working people in my poems because I grew up with them, and I am a poet of memory."
More In Poetry
- "I’m trying to have my own thing, and I don’t know if it’s even possible. I didn’t realize so many people actually think I’m trying to be like my dad. I read comments like ‘She’s no Elvis.’ I’m not trying to be. I never set out to be."― Lisa Marie Presley
- "I write all the time – I write poetry, I love to write."― Colin Quinn
- "The only thing that can save the world is the reclaiming of the awareness of the world. That’s what poetry does."― Allen Ginsberg