More From Pearl S. Buck
- "Our society must make it right and possible for old people not to fear the young or be deserted by them, for the test of a civilization is the way that it cares for its helpless members."
- "The basic discovery about any people is the discovery of the relationship between men and women."
- "A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love."
More In Age
- "I was born in ancient times, at the end of the world, in a patriarchal Catholic and conservative family. No wonder that by age five I was a raging feminist – although the term had not reached Chile yet, so nobody knew what the heck was wrong with me."― Isabel Allende
- "These days too many of us seem inclined to cover our ears, close our eyes, and blindly follow the most narrow, conservative tenets of religion; or else seek comfort in the ancient traditions of New Age ritual."― Joan D. Vinge
- "Our age knows nothing but reaction, and leaps from one extreme to another."― Reinhold Niebuhr